Make Way in My 5K
Friday 24th September 2021
- This year because of Covid - 19 we are adapting the Make Way Day campaign for this year.
- We will invite you to undertake a survey of your area with an online easy-to-use tool.
- The tool is mobile friendly and is used to draw attention to anything that is a barrier for you .
- This quick and easy exercise is mainly picture-based, and you can use it as often as you like on the day.
- There will be a link to the tool on all our social media platforms and website on Friday 24th of September.
- Our aim is to have all the 5ks journeys join up to give us an inclusive map of Ireland.
- We will collect the results and share them with the right people and work together to help solve the problems.
- Use the map below to find the local coordinator for your area. Contact them to find out what’s happening locally and how you can get involved.
- If you don't have the online tool, you can still take part. Take pictures of obstacles (parked cars on footpaths, bikes chained to railings, sandwich boards and overhanging branches) and post your pictures to social media. Include #MakeWayDay21, tag @MakeWayDay and @disabilityfed in your post.
- Show your support by sharing and retweeting other people’s posts from the Make Way Day Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram account and encourage friends and family to do the same. Use our MakeWayDay Twibbon.
- To receive email updates, use the campaign sign up form. By signing up expect to receive the MakeWayDay news. This will include the latest updates as the campaign progresses.